Saturday, May 14, 2011

Randomness

Hiiiii :) Sorry for not posting again hahaha, but I had a surprisingly busy week!! Everyday when I came home I just wanted to lay around lol. I should have exercised more, but oh well. I did run a couple of times earlier in the week, so that was good. And I've been doing some sit-ups and my hip exercises too, so those should slowly help given time.


I went back to work this week after taking last week off as a break. It was nice to be back at my one job at my dad's engineering company (he doesn't own it or anything... but... ya know haha). It felt like I never left! The worst part is they have less for me to do than ever :P And I don't even have a place of my own to put my stuff or anything! I feel homeless when I have to walk around with my bag haha :P I usually just put it in my dad's office though.

I also started working at my new internship! It's at my town's local children's history museum, and with the local heritage association. There are 2 other interns too, and we are all from different colleges. It's really fun to work with the kids who come through, although it can be very hectic too! The days I worked there this past week were days when large field trip groups came. I read a story to the kids and then they planted seeds in newspaper pots. It was great to see so many eager learners! On Wednesday though, my first day, I was unexpectedly told to do this project outside! There's a cute little garden of native plants and such up there, but since I hadn't put sunscreen on and it was a beautiful sunny day, I got burned :P Not badly though, thank goodness! I hate peeling off sunburns :P


I worked at the museum earlier today too (first time ever working a job on a Saturday! So weird!), but there were not field trips. Instead, families were taking their kids through the museum. One little girl must have been told that she and her family were going to the Children's Museum, because she came over to me saying "Hi!! I'm a child!!" She was adorable :D

Not much else to say... I guess I'll leave you with another video that made me laugh this week :D (I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this one Stew ;D)



Until next time... :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your internship is going well!!! And the exercises are helping!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything's going so well for you, Elyse!

    And that video was SO AMAZING. You called it, I loved it. XD I can't wait to get my laptop so I can write wherever I want. Then maybe I'll try something like that...except not to Belgium ,of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!

    Hahaha I'm glad you liked it so much Stew!! xD And I seriously can't wait to see what you've written, not to mention your future writings haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://textbookintow.tumblr.com/post/5720056529/for-elyse-pretty-things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww haha thanks Cindy! I love all those dresses, especially the blue refurbished '60's one xD And the cocoon necklace is sooo pretty!!!! I kinda feel bad for the butterfly though... I hope it died of natural causes! :/ But thanks for sharing!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete