Saturday, January 8, 2011

Industry - Why I Chose My Title

Hello readers,
I'm pretty much expecting you to only be the people I tell about this, lol. But, regardless I'd like to start off by saying why I chose this title. It's from my favorite song by my favorite artist Jon McLaughlin. I'll link a Youtube video below, but I feel it sums up what I'll probably talk about most on here pretty well. I am torn between the consumerism of this American culture. Heck, I contribute to it all the time; I love shopping. But, I also love helping other people and giving to charities and such. It seems like so much of the time, it's so easy to only think about yourself. But what about the feelings or the situations of others? I try to keep an open mind in everything I do. I may not be very good at it, but at least I try, unlike so many others.

Anyways, already ranting haha. I was inspired to do this blog largely due to Cindy, one of my best friends who also has a blog (http://tea-house-moon.blogspot.com/?spref=fb) and said I should get one. :) Also, one of the people I subscribe to on Youtube, Shay Carl, who is famous (on Youtube) for his daily vlogs with his wonderful family, has a saying: "if it's worth living, it's worth recording!" He may have gotten that from somewhere else, but regardless, this will be my way of recording my life. I may not live such an interesting life that I can whip out a video camera every few minutes, but hopefully we will both find it interesting enough to record here :)

Ok, I better go to bed haha. I'm normally an early-to-bed type, but my body clock's gotten messed up thanks to a dreadful cold and incessant coughing :P

Until we meet again...



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh first post! :) and I think I'm gonna like your blog! lol oh and hint hint....bday present...*cough mix cd of Jon McLaughlin cough* ;) hahah :) I like that song a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ok, I'll think about that hint ;D I'm glad you like it! And I hope you like my blog haha, although I don't know how much I'll post on it, we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it's okay, I blog irregularly like a base case of holiday dinners. It's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha makes sense :) It's hard when you're so busy! Plus I think it'll be hard for me at school because I already get myself sick of typing when I write emails to my mom haha

    ReplyDelete