Sunday, January 9, 2011

School :P

Well, I made it safe and sound back to school. It's so weird to be back! I literally felt like I was entering the Twilight Zone or a deja vu type thing when I walked into my dorm hallway. I've only been gone a month! I guess I got more used to being home than I even realized haha.

I'm hoping my classes go well tomorrow, and that I don't have a lot of homework to do. I vowed before my finals last semester that I would do a better job of staying on top of my work (so I don't have to write a 10 page paper in a day and a half again), but now that I'm back up here, I feel so hesitant about doing much. Just gotta get back in the swing of things, I suppose.

On the other side of coming back, it was great to see my roommate again! I wish she lived closer to me so that we could visit each other during breaks, but at least we get along so well when we're at school haha. Much, much better than my original roommate from last year. I would even turn down a single to stay with her; she's so much fun to be with :)

I'm still wondering about the adventures this semester will bring; hopefully they will be as fun as they seem to be. Also still struggling with how to properly balance schoolwork, work-work, and leisure time in its various shapes and forms. I'm not the type of person who needs to constantly be on the move, constantly making plans and fulfilling them, etc. Much of the time, I'd rather just read a book or watch tv in my spare time, rather than exert more energy above what I already spent on my work. I guess this is just another big part of college life. Time goes so fast up here, I still feel like a freshman, adjusting to this life. Still looking forward to where it takes me. :)

Watching Despicable Me with the roomie now :) Such a cute movie, especially if you still have a childish sense of humor (slapstick).

I hope your semester/ quarter/ week is going well too! I wish you great luck in all your endeavors :D

No comments:

Post a Comment