Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Well it's official...

I have finally had all of my classes at least once for this semester! I really like all of them, which makes me glad because that doesn't happen too often haha. I have a total of 17 credits and I'm taking:
  • U.S. History from 1877 to the Present, which may be the most boring class because my professor rambles a lot and he uses really old teaching methods. But I can definitely deal with that as long as he grades reasonably.
  • Italian, which seems like it will be really fun (no sarcasm) since my prof has already made us sing and we say the numbers through 20 about 10 times each class. She is so much nicer and more patient than my French professor from last year :P She (French prof) moved too fast and refused to speak English for 90% of any given class.
  • Living on the Edge (of Empire), which is a US history course based on colonial America through 1800. I've had the professor for this class before, and she's hilarious and as bubbly as the seltzer water she loves so much.
  • World Religions, since I've always been interested in different religions of the world (I'm Christian) and I have to take 2 religion courses as a requirement at my college. My professor seems kind of strict, but nice enough. He has trouble with technology though, poor guy, haha.
  • The Philosophy of Human Nature, again as part of a requirement, but also because I'm interested in it. I took regular Philosophy for the first time last semester, and I really loved it. So this class will hopefully be a sort of continuation of that, despite having a different professor for it. I may minor in Philosophy, we'll see. I'll probably minor in Global Cultures, since I only need a few extra classes to get it.
  • Movies with a Message, the class I had tonight, and I only have on Wednesdays. It seems like it will be pretty interesting, I just hope the movies we watch are good. We are using our two hours of class time to discuss the movies, not watch them. So, hopefully they'll be interesting enough to discuss for a good while, haha.
Well, that's about all I got. I hope you don't mind my senseless ramblings haha. I hope to make my posts a bit more fun in the future. I want to think of some random topics that I can discuss, and I want to include pictures with the posts. I will be using Adam Young (from Owl City)'s blog as a guide --> link in the sidebar on your right :)

I'll leave you with a video from a series that two of my favorite Youtubers have started on weekdays. They just talk about random stuff, and it's thoroughly entertaining :D


Until next time....

5 comments:

  1. Snap your fishes are feisty lol, mine are all sluggish hahaha and I love the sound of the world religions and italian class!!! I'm so happy you like them all so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky!!! I'd kill for a competent French or Italian or some kind of Romance language class...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha Cindy- I think that's just cause there's so many :P And thank you both! Haha I do feel very lucky to have her, she's awesome. And Stew... it's not to late to apply to SFU... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I appreciate the offer but that was really more of a jab at high school and not Millersville. They've got plenty of language classes there too, I just can't wait to get there :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see lol, that makes sense. I'm sure you'll be very happy there :) Have fun at the formal tonight too!

    ReplyDelete