Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day! :D


I actually am Irish :D But I don't want you to kiss me you creep! ;D haha

I've always been curious about how St. Paddy's Day came to be synonymous with partying til you're passed out or dead, but I suppose it's just because the Irish are somewhat (heh) notorious for drinking until they're passed out or dead. But, even though I don't drink, I love to wear green and flaunt my heritage xD

Probably the best thing about today was that I was (for some strange reason) expecting to do work in my Philosophy class. Instead, we began our fourth movie of the semester, Boondock Saints. It's actually pretty good so far. I am excited to see the rest of it on Tuesday haha.


Also, I love St. Patrick's Day because it reminds me of my awesome geography teacher from high school. I had him for freshman geography along with every other freshman in my class and freshman classes from the past 30 or 40 years or so. Mr. Hollern was a full-blooded Irishman, and he literally went all-out for St. Patrick's Day each year. He was diagnosed with throat cancer during my junior year, and he succumbed to it on Christmas Day my senior year. So, ever since that first St. Paddy's Day without him, my high school has thrown a huge party with door decorating contests, desserts at lunch, live bands, and, of course, an Irish mass. I'll never forget you Mr. Hollern!!


Until next time... :)

2 comments:

  1. AH the Boondock Saints is classic!! I first watched that movie when I was 11 then it liked exploded in it's cult popularity like 18 times more as we went onto HS xD you'll enjoy the ending! There's a sequel too that's okay ish lolz and I miss Mr. Hollern :( wore his shirt today to school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha cool! I figured you would have seen it hahaha. Glad to know I'll like the ending! :D I wore my Mr. Hollern shirt too. :)

    ReplyDelete