Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TORNADO!!

Wow, what an evening! I couldn't believe it when I saw on the news on the dining hall's tv that we were under a tornado warning! O_o

My roommate told me to use this picture under penalty of death ;P

I live in a mountainous region, and we are very rarely put under a tornado watch, let alone a warning! It was kinda scary, I'm not gonna lie! Once we got back to our dorm, the RA's herded us into the deepest part of the basement where we sat until the warning was over. By then, however, I only had 10 minutes until my night class was to start. I called home out of fear for my family, who was also under the same warnings, and my mom convinced me that I shouldn't go to class, at least not until the weather cleared a bit.

I honestly thought I might see something like this outside my window :-/
Unfortunately, I apparently shouldn't have listened to my mom and my gut, because when I went to class an hour late (it's a two hour class) everyone was there. Even when the weather is fine, it's rare to see everyone in that class!! I felt like such an idiot walking in like that :P At least I went, but still. I hate when stuff like that happens to me.



I used to watch the Discovery Channel show Storm Chasers whenever I possibly could. Not only did I think it was a great show, but it was also so terrifyingly exhilarating to see all those tornadoes, and to watch the storm chasers get so close to them! But, watching that show completely convinced me that I never want to live out West in Tornado Alley, nor do I ever want to be within 500 miles of a tornado :P

Yep, I'm avoiding AALLLLL that. ;P

We got really lucky though today. My family is all safe, and my college received no damage that I saw. Further west though, there was a good bit of damage; some buildings had their roofs taken off, and there was golf ball-sized hail and even baseball-sided hail not far from my family home. 

So, all in all, an eventful evening. I wonder what the morrow will bring?


Until next time...


5 comments:

  1. Awe :( it's okay, Elyse! You were just trying to be safe. I slept through the entire night and just woke up now with 7 hrs under the belt. Totally ignored the tornado warning. I never take it seriously enough! And at least you did go to class :) and it's not your fault if your RA took you guys to the basement til the warning was over.

    Also LOL at the tornado valley thing xD that's alot of the country hahaha xD

    overall the idiotic moments keep us grounded and I still love you sis! :) <3 Tomorrow will be lots better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thank you Cindy <3 Hahaha you WOULD sleep through a tornado ;D

    Hahaha yeah I picked the map that showed the biggest range ;P It really is a huge area though! O_o

    Haha that is very true! Love you too! :D <3 And yesterday was better, at least until the evening, when (hopefully) the culmination of the History Club drama unfolded. I'll text you ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that's good! and sorta not for the history club thing lolz xD text me sometime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah haha yeah I def will! Hopefully I'll remember/ have time tomorrow. Busy day today! lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's okay hahah xD you did! and TORNADDDDDDOOOESSSS

    lolz I just said that really weird in my head hahahaha

    ReplyDelete